David Leatherhoff's Axe is a secret weapon in Cry of Fear.
Unlocked after finding it in the "Heaven" scenario and killing a Twitcher with it (which will also unlock the Twitcher Hoodie). It's the most powerful melee weapon in the game, capable of killing most common enemies with one blow. However, it's not recommended to use it against Tallers or Flygares.
- The most powerful melee weapon in the game
- Fast Swing Speed
- You can grab it again in the secret room near the red car after losing it in the crashed train
- Doesn't contain dual wield support
- Not recommended to fight large groups of enemies, unless you're good at evading attacks
How to get the Axe
- Complete the game for the first time.
- Rerun the game from the beginning.
- Go to the Unlockables room and pick up a secret package.
- Go through the game until you reach Harbor College.
- Send the package into a mailbox near the bus station outside the Harbor College.
- Go through the game until finale.
Hit body sound
- The Axe is a reference to the Axe in Afraid of Monsters, which David Leatherhoff finds around the forest.
- The sound file when the axe hits a wall is recycled from Afraid of Monsters.
|Primary||AK-47 • MP9 • Famas • Gewehr 43 • HK MP5 • Hunting Rifle • M16 Assault Rifle • M76 • Remington 870|
|Secondary||Browning HP 9mm • Glock 19 • Ruger P345 • Taurus Revolver • VP70|
|Melee||Branch • David Leatherhoff's Axe • Fists/Pistol Whip • Nightstick • Shovel • Sledgehammer • Switchblade|
|Misc||Digital Camera • Flare • Flashlight • Items • Mobile Phone • Radio • Simon's Book • Syringe|