| Biden warns you
This page contains spoilers you can avoid. Go back to the game, coward.
The Forest is a location encountered in the later sections of Cry of Fear, notably Chapter 6. Simon makes his way through the forest after the train he took in the previous chapter falls off a bridge. While most players refer to it as just "The Forest", the actual forest itself is divided into two areas, Forest and Deep Forest.
This location is arguably the most tense and unlit location in the game, including being very large. Unlike the Subway Tunnels, this entire area is mostly pitch-black with very little natural light sources. It is also the second-to-last location with a nightmare sequence. It is home to an abandoned asylum, numerous amounts of other dilapidated structures, a medium-sized lake, and a drainage system that leads to Kirkville. The only enemies encountered here are the Crazyrunner, the Sawrunner, and the Upper on one occasion.
The forest is split into a few distinct sections.
After platforming his way out of the crashed train, Simon crosses what is left of the track and heads into the forest, after picking up a Branch and lantern. Here, hidden under a door placed next to a car is another unlock room, allowing the player to re-equip any unlock items lost in the train crash
This area contains no enemies, just a bit of pretty scenery and needs to be well navigated.
This area contains the most of the actual action, and is itself split into a few distinct sections.
- The first part is a large clearing, requiring the player to pick up a doorknob and attach it to a door, before Sawrunner kills the player
- The second part contains a mini-puzzle, requiring the player to pick up 2 scissor blades and create a pair of scissors, which are then used to cut a rope, dropping a TV onto a crate, breaking it and clearing the way. The scissor blades are hidden in dilapidated buildings with no windows, doors, or furnishings, and the player will be attacked by several crazyrunners. The darkness makes navigation very tricky.
- A clearing in which the player must navigate a maze of trees, and avoid bodies falling from trees on ropes. One door is a false door, and a second is an exit door.
- The game's penultimate nightmare sequence, a crazy maze of rapidly opening and closing doors.
The section encountered after leaving the asylum. Contains no enemies, just the lake and a couple more dilapidated buildings.
- Like most locations in Cry Of Fear, this is based on a real location too. The bridge is called Årstabron.
- The lake is based on a location known as Kyrksjön.
|Apartments • Asylum • City • Forest • Gustav-Dahl Park • Harbor College • Kirkville • Lake • Roped Off Apartment • Saxon Avenue • Sewers • Simon's House • Subways • TL Trading AB • Town Square • Waspet Gardens|