The Gewehr 43 is a weapon in Cry of Fear, available since the 1.4 patch update.
It's only available in Co-op or Suicide mode. Deals slightly less damage than the Hunting Rifle, but compensates this light lack of power with a 10 rounds magazine, making it very useful if you're facing the Sawcrazy, Tallers or being surrounded by many enemies.
- Large magazine size
- Decent rate of fire
- Highly accurate
- Not available in the single-player campaign
- Has quite a fair bit of recoil
- Long reload time
- Can be cumbersome
- Only one appears in every level of survival (except in some custom suicide maps where there are around 2 or 3)
- Ammo is really scarce
- The Gewehr 43 (Also known as the Karbiner 43) is a combat rifle developed by Nazi Germany during World War II, with the aim of producing a powerful and reliable rifle that could be mass produced easily, with the aim of improving combat efficiency.
- The G43 is a powerful 7.62MM (.30 calibre) rifle with a muzzle velocity of 2,546 feet per second).
- The rifle had a 10 round magazine, and the gun incorporated the use of gas from the firing of the bullet to open the breech and reload the gun.
- This was simplified over the system in its predecessor, the G41, which was unreliable and prone to fouling.
- The gun fell out of demand after the end of the war.
|Primary||MP9 • Famas • Gewehr 43 • HK MP5 • Hunting Rifle • M16 Assault Rifle • M76 • Remington 870|
|Secondary||Browning HP 9mm • Glock 19 • Ruger P345 • Taurus Revolver • VP70|
|Melee||Branch • David Leatherhoff's Axe • Fists/Pistol Whip • Nightstick • Sledgehammer • Switchblade|
|Misc||Digital Camera • Items • Simon's Book|