The Sledgehammer is the third melee weapon in the game. Simon finds it inside the train car in the Subway Station . It is one of the most powerful melee weapons that can be found in the singleplayer campaign (not counting David Leatherhoff's Axe).
Pros and ConsEdit
- Strongest melee weapon overall. (Not counting Leatherhoff's axe)
- Capable of destroying brick walls (this happens only once).
- Slowest swing speed overall.
- Not useful for hitting enemies before they attack first: it's possible but very hard to get the good timing.
- Each swing of the sledgehammer depletes the stamina gauge by a small amount.
- Unable to be dual-wielded.