The Taurus Revolver is the most powerful handgun in the game.
- High damage
- High accuracy
- Good iron sights
- Reloading can be interrupted
- Has low ammo capacity (5 rounds)
- Slow reload speed
- Difficult to score a fatal shot on agile enemies, which can lead to wasted bullets
- It can only be obtained by refusing to give Purnell the gun which results to the suicide ending
- It cannot be dual wielded. If mapping, you can make it so that you can dual wield it in the map properties
- All unused ammo when reloading is discarded alike other guns
- First found late in the game in single player
- A small detail not actually seen in-game, the model itself has the manufacturer and serial number etched onto it, labelled "TAURUS INT. MFG. MIAMI, FL - USA" and "MADE IN BRAZIL".
- As identified by the serial number, the revolver model shown in the game is the Taurus Ultralight Model 85, a .38 special snub nose, small framed revolver.
- Although the revolver is the most powerful handgun in Cry of Fear, in real life a .38 special will deliver ~230 foot pounds of force, however the .45 ACP used in the Ruger P345 delivers 450-600 foot pounds of force, so in real life it is likely that the P345 would have more stopping power than the revolver.
|Primary||MP9 • Famas • Gewehr 43 • HK MP5 • Hunting Rifle • M16 Assault Rifle • M76 • Remington 870|
|Secondary||Browning HP 9mm • Glock 19 • Ruger P345 • Taurus Revolver • VP70|
|Melee||Branch • David Leatherhoff's Axe • Fists/Pistol Whip • Nightstick • Sledgehammer • Switchblade|
|Misc||Digital Camera • Items • Simon's Book|